*Denotes Required Field
MSBC Qualifications for Serving
The following is a list of qualifications that we are looking for in our summer staff:
- A personal profession of salvation to Jesus Christ and claim Him as Lord and Saviour
- Regular attendance at an evangelical church
- Knowledge of the Bible
- Convicted of and committed to Biblical teaching and standards of morality
- Positive role model, striving to be a person of integrity
- Sincere love for God and a desire for spiritual growth
- Life shows evidence of having a teachable heart
- Desire to practice servant leadership and be a team player
- Life demonstrates a respect for God’s authority and for those God has placed in authority
- Healthy, godly relationships in your life
- Good interpersonal skills and problem solving abilities
- A love for campers and a willingness to pour into their lives in a genuine and sincere way
- Burdened and able to share the Gospel with others
- Dependable, able to take initiative and fulfill responsibilities with a cheerful spirit
- Enthusiasm, showing genuine interest in others
MSBC Statement of Faith
- The sole basis for our beliefs is the Bible, Godʼs infallible written Word, the sixty-six books of the Old and New Testaments. We believe that it was uniquely and fully inspired by the Holy Spirit and that it was written without error in the original manuscripts. It is the ﬁnal authority in all matters on which it speaks. [2 Timothy 3:16; 1 Corinthians 2:13; 2 Peter 1:20-21]
- There is one true God eternally existing in three Persons – Father, Son and Holy Spirit – each of whom possesses equally all the attributes of Deity and the characteristics of personality. [1 John 5:7; Matthew 28:19; 2 Corinthians 13;14]
- Jesus Christ is God, the living Word, who became ﬂesh through His miraculous conception by the Holy Spirit and His virgin birth. Hence, He is the perfect Deity and true humanity united in one Person forever. [Matthew 1:23; John 1:1,14; Philippians 2:5-8; 1 Timothy 3:16]
- He rose from the dead in the same body, though gloriﬁed, in which He lived and died. [Luke 24:36-48; 1 Corinthians 15:3-8] He ascended bodily into heaven [Luke 24:50-51] and sat down at the right hand of God the Father where He is the only mediator between God and man [1 Timothy 2:5; Hebrews 8:1-2] continually making intercession for His own. [Hebrews 7:24-27]
- The Lord Jesus lived a sinless life and voluntarily atoned for the sins of men by dying on the cross as their substitute thus satisfying divine justice and accomplishing salvation for all who trust in Him alone. [2 Corinthians 5:21; John 1:11-12; John 3:16,36] Man was originally created in the image of God. [Genesis 1:26] He sinned by disobeying God; thus, he was alienated from his Creator. That historic fall brought all mankind under divine condemnation. [Romans 5:12; 1 Corinthians 15:22]
- Manʼs nature is corrupted, spiritually dead, and thus separated from God [Romans 3:23; Ephesians 2:1] Every person is in need of a spiritual new birth; as the scripture says, we need to be born again by the Holy Spirit. [John 3:3,7,16]
- The salvation of man is a work of Godʼs free grace and is not the work, in whole or in part, of human works or goodness or religious ceremony. [Ephesians 2:8-9] God imputes His righteousness to those who choose to put their faith in Christ alone for their salvation, and thereby justiﬁes them in His sight. [Romans 5:1,19; Acts 4:12]
- It is the privilege of all who are born again of the Spirit to be assured of their salvation from the very moment in which they trust Christ as their Saviour. [John 5:24; 10:27-30; 2 Timothy 1:12; Romans 8:38-39] This assurance is not based upon any kind of human merit, but is produced by the witness of the Holy Spirit who conﬁrms in the believer the testimony of God in His written Word. [Romans 8:16; 1 John 5:7-13]
- The Holy Spirit has come into the world to reveal and glorify Christ and to apply the saving work of Christ to mankind. He convicts and draws sinners to Christ, imparts new life to them, continually indwells them from the moment of spiritual birth and seals them until the day of redemption. [John 14:16-17; Ephesians 1:13-14; Titus 3:5; Ephesians 4:30] His fullness, power and control are appropriated in the believerʼs life by faith. [2 Corinthians 5:5-7]
- God gives to all believers one or more spiritual gifts. They are to be used for the edifying and growth of the members of the Body of Christ, the Church. God is sovereign and gives gifts to whom He wills, to equip each believer for the work He calls them to do. [1 Corinthians 12:1-31] The miraculous/sign gifts were given to validate the birth of the Church Age [1 Corinthians 1:22; Hebrews 2:1-4] but diminished in use as the Holy Spirit gave His teaching through the Apostles in the written Word of the New Testament Scriptures. [1 Corinthians 14:22-25; 1 Corinthians 13:10-12]
- Every believer is called to live so that in the power of the indwelling Spirit they will not fulﬁll the lust of the ﬂesh but will bear fruit to the glory of God. [John 15:5,8; Romans 7:4; Ephesians 5:8-12; Galatians 5:22-23]
- As an outward evidence of an inward reality, Christ commanded that every believer who comes to faith in Christ should be baptized by immersion, symbolizing that they have died with Christ and are raised with Him to a Spirit-empowered life. [Acts 8:12; 8:38; 10:47; 16:33; Romans 6:1-14] Jesus Christ is the Head of the Church, His Body, which is comprised of all men, living and dead, who have been joined to Him through saving faith. [Colossians 1:18] The Scriptures give us a model of this truth in each local church and family [Ephesians 5:22-33] Men are to model Christʼs headship by providing spiritual leadership, and women are asked to be subject to Christʼs authority under this leadership. In Christ, no person is valued above another but each is asked to serve where Christ sees ﬁt. [1 Corinthians 11:1-16]
- At physical death the believer enters immediately into eternal conscious fellowship with the Lord [2 Corinthians 5:6-8; Luke 16:19-31] and awaits the resurrection of his body to everlasting glory and blessing. At physical death the unbeliever enters immediately into eternal conscious separation from the Lord and awaits the resurrection of his body to everlasting judgment and condemnation. [John 5:28-29; Revelation 20:15]
- At a speciﬁc point of time determined by God the Father alone, the Lord Jesus Christ will come to the heavens to catch up all who are saved by faith. (This event has been referred to as the Rapture) [1 Thessalonians 4:13-18] Following this event, the world will enter into a time of great tribulation culminating with Godʼs righteous ﬁnal judgment upon mankind [Matthew 24:15-21; Zechariah 14:1-9]
- We believe Israel as a people was singled out by the sovereign will of God to bring blessing to all of mankind. They were to represent Him and His purposes to the nations, and were used of God to bring to the world His ultimate plan of redemption through the incarnation of His Son, Jesus Christ. [Genesis 28:13-15; 32:27-30; Isaiah 9:6-7] In the Church Age, the Age of Grace, Israel as a nation has no distinct role; but they will in a future day see the covenants and blessings fulﬁlled that God promised them in ancient times. [Judges 2:1; Romans 11:1-28; Psalm 105:6-10] They will play a part in Godʼs ﬁnal dealings with an unrepentant world [Revelation 7:2-8; 14:1-5] Christ will reign over the whole earth from the New Jerusalem that comes down from heaven. [Revelation 21:1-3]
- Jesus Christ will come again to the earth – personally, visibly and bodily – to consummate history and the eternal pan of God. [Revelation 21:3, 9-27]
- The Lord Jesus Christ has commanded all believers to proclaim the Gospel throughout the world and to disciple people of every nation. [Matthew 28:19-20; Mark 16:15-16] The ministry of MSBC is in part our desire to fulﬁll Christʼs command.
- We believe that a person’s gender is defined by biological differences [Genesis 1:26-27, Matthew 19:12] and therefore cannot be redefined by subsequent perception of their self-identity. Where male or female biological gender is clearly evident at birth, we believe it to be immutable, notwithstanding alteration or modification of a person’s body intended to reassign it to the opposite gender [Job 10:8- 12].
- We believe that the term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture [Genesis 2:18-25]. We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other [1 Corinthians 6:18; 7:2-5; Hebrews 13:4]. We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman.
- We believe that any form of sexual immorality (including adultery, fornication, homosexuality, bisexuality, bestiality, incest, and use of pornography) is sinful and offensive to God [Matthew 15:18- 20; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10].
- We believe that in order to preserve the function and integrity of Morning Star Bible Camp (MSBC) as a Christian Ministry with an evangelical mission, and to provide a Biblical role model to the MSBC employees, volunteer staff, campers, guest groups and the community, it is imperative that all persons employed by MSBC in any capacity, or who serve as volunteers, agree to and abide by this Statement on Marriage, Gender, and Sexuality. [Matthew 5:16; Philippians 2:14-16; 1 Thessalonians 5:22]. Campers and guest groups attending or utilizing the MSBC facilities will be made aware of, and be expected to honor the camps theological position, and standard regarding these issues.
- We believe that God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ [Acts 3:19-21; Romans 10:9-10; 1 Corinthians 6:9-11]. We believe that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity [Mark 12:28-31; Luke 6:31]. Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scripture nor the rules and policies of MSBC.
We welcome believers in Jesus Christ from various church backgrounds to join us in working together in this ministry. So that we can work together in harmony, we would expect all those who desire to participate in this work not to teach or act in such a way that would detract or be contrary to the beliefs held in common by the sponsoring churches.
( ) -
Due to government restrictions on how many people we can have onsite at one time, we are unable to accommodate family members who are not actively participating as either campers or volunteers.
Please identify any experience and/or qualifications that you have, that may be an asset to the camp program in any of the following areas:
If you are in regular attendance at a local church, which of the following meetings do you regularly attend? Check all that apply.
( ) -
( ) -
Please select the camp(s) that you are available to volunteer for:
What job(s) are you willing to do? Select all that apply.
References (Individuals Outside of Your Immediate Family)
Spiritual Reference, Knowledgeable of your walk with the Lord
( ) -
Personal Reference, Knowledgeable of your character, work ethic, etc.
( ) -
Please read the following statements, check them off and sign below if you agree.